[Dailydrool] Rusty got (sort of) a c at t!!

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 6 14:17:36 PDT 2015

Feyfey left a legacy in our house. C at ts belong in crockpots. Preferably with sauce. Until yesterday, we dreamed of fresh poosyc at T , but generally had to suffice with frozen or canned..............the he slave came home and let me and Rusty out in the yard. A little bit later, he heard great WOoFIn. He found Rusty nose to nose with a large grey felion!! He had he cornered under the ramp to our deck!! Good work Rusty. I stood behind him and cheered him on with the loudest WOOFS I could muster. Now y'all gotta know that Rusty once swallowed a baby bunner that darted out. (Horrified she slave.) He darts into the air and catches greenhead flies for sport. He has a full set of Slobberfest catching medals, gold, silver and bronze. He has woofed many a C at T, but he has never before actually caught one!!

Oh happy day!! I am beyond myself with excitement!! Fresh Poosyc at T!! We have waited generations...... exceptin.......Rusty didn't quite know what to do with it. He WOOFED. It stared. He moved in......it hissed. How dare it hiss a basset? He got close.....it scratched his precious nose!! Just a little! He backed off. He went in again. It hissed. It scratched at him........we WOOFED. How dare it not quake in fear at such an august predator as Rusty the basset? Supported by, well, moi?

Unfortunately we shall never know what end befell the varmint that invaded our yard. He slave came with a leash. He laughed at us.....and put a leash on Rusty, allowing the grey monster to escape. Slave came too soon!! I just know that Rusty was preparing to pounce and prove himself master of our domain. Instead he got his nose cleaned off by the slave.

Rusty was so traumatized by this turn of events that he barely would go on his walkie. He turned back having only reached the curb. Hardly touched his bowl and spent the rest of the night on the couch, pouting.

We'll get it next time!!

Pawtunia