[Dailydrool] Gumbo's eye surgery

Sabrina Nicholls via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 6 15:28:37 PDT 2015

Gumbo is having eye surgery today. He has entropion. His lower eyelashes curl inward so that his lashes touch his eye, and he has a constant discharge. When he gets home today, he has to wear a cone for 7-10 days. The vet said that they have 2-3 dogs a week coming in for repeat surgery because they rubbed stitches and the stitches came undone. He said with the soft cone they can rub against the side, so it must be the dreadful plastic e-collar. Gumbo has a big head and thick neck. I asked the tech if they could cut the collar back so it doesn't bump on the floor when he walks. She said the collars now come in different length/neck combinations. I was glad to hear that. This is Gumbo's first time away from home since we adopted him a year ago February. He's my Velcro dog, and this is tough on both of us.

Sabrina, Gumbo & Ellie
brii at sprynet.com