[Dailydrool] Fast eating hounds

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 9 11:26:09 PDT 2015

Hello drool family. We are so sorry to read that Wendall has made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. May he live forever in the magic of your memories. We are also sorry to hear that Bentley has the dreaded "C-word". We pray that the  oncologist can help him live a long and happy life. Our Colt ATB was diagnosed with Lymphoma shortly after his 7th birthday. It is never easy but even more difficult when they are so young.
Xander eats way too fast. I've tried everything to slow him down, to include the muffin pan which only freaked him out making him like a cyclone trying to eat his food. I do feed he and Ruger separately. Feeding Xander secured in his room and Ruger in the kitchen to keep Xander from finishing his bowl and then trying to get Ruger's. Ruger eats like a civilized hound while Xander eats like a shark in a feeding frenzy. Supposedly Xander was 1 of 7 other dogs before he was given up to rescue for trying to make crockpot c at t out of the family c at t. Apparently he believes in the old adage "whoever eats the fastest gets the most". Xander also believes that he is starving to death. He is like David Copperfield...the moment you touch a food item, poof Xander appears in a puff of smoke next to you with pleading eyes.  I have finally gotten him to take treats in a civilized manner...but still working on slowing him down at meal time.
Michele, momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sent from my iPawPad