[Dailydrool] To Jackie & Nigel/stomach issues

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Aug 11 11:59:45 PDT 2015

Ruger had been having stomach issues. Not sure if it was gas/trying to bloat or acid reflux. He was hard swallowing, gulping, eating grass, licking carpet. This used to be a rare occasional thing. But seemed to becoming weekly, and then 2-3 times a week. Usually when he would get upset about me having to leave the property for the 2nd or 3rd day in a row for doctors appointments or helping out  with family issues. So I was giving him gas-x when this would happen, but it was starting to happen to often, so I was considering this might me acid reflux and considering consulting with a vet to look at putting him on Prilosec.  But I did a little research, looking for holistic treatments for acid reflux.  I found apple cider vinegar! I then remembered a neighbor telling me that was what he was using for his acid reflux. So I started adding a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to Ruger's food bowls. (Breakfast and Supper). Knock on wood...but he has not had another episode of the hard swallowing, gulping, grass eating or licking the carpet, or acting like he is in gastric distress. Also organic apple cider vinegar is a good holistic detox, and helps the body fight off inflammation. I myself now make a cleansing hot tea at night for myself of 1tablespoon of Organic apple cider vinegar, a little honey, and a couple shakes of ginger and cinnamon. I drink lots of water throughout the day and over all I do feel better.
Hope this helps
Michele, momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPawPad