[Dailydrool] Basset in Kill shelter

Chris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 13 15:31:06 PDT 2015

I was disappointed to see the Basset we went to save from a kill shelter was
not a pure bred Basset he is a Bassador but he was going to be put to sleep
so we took him because we are so soft hearted. He seems very sweet. He has a
fungus on his skin he was loaded with fleas and tape worms, skinny as a rail
the animal control guy says he eats like a horse but they had no vet in the
town and the city would not pay to get him looked at. He was skinny because
the fleas and tapes were taking all his nutrients he had so many tapes his
poop was almost pure white. On our way back to Kansas City I called our vet
and made an appointment because I was afraid he had mange or lice he had so
much gunk on his skin and hair. He got a full checkup at our vet a Capstar
and Droncit and Heartworm tested, all his shots ( thank goodness his HW Test
was negative) he got a skin scraping to see what the stuff was all over his
skin,( turns out it is some type of fungus he has big chunks of stuff all
over him)  then we came home and I gave him a bath ( he looks so nice since
the bath my tub will never be the same though) and cleaned his horrible ears
and he ate some food and he begged at us for our late lunch and he jumped on
the bed to take a nap. Done. He is safe and sound and being growled at by
the Basset bunch but all is well. Except for the huge vet bill and he needs
to find a forever home.
Chris Bly
Western Missouri Basset Rescue
http://wmbri.org