[Dailydrool] Thundershirt

AWoodrum1 via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 30 20:00:06 PDT 2015

Our Baxter is absolutely terrified of rain and storms and loud noises in
general.  He has a thundershirt and it helps a lot as long as the storms
don't get too intense, then we have to add in drugs, but not as strong as we
used before the thundershirt.  When Baxter hears rain he comes and gets me,
he wants his shirt on, he knows it helps.  Have you tried Valerian?  It is
an herb that is calming, I keep it for the dogs (works on people, too), and
give Baxter 2 when it storms.  Added to his shirt, it's usually enough,
although every now and then we have a storm that requires some Valium.  Bea
and Holly get one capsule of Valerian each during bad storms, and do not
need thundershirts or Valium.  Poor little buddies, I feel so bad for them
when they're terrified of the noisy storms.