[Dailydrool] Update on Sir Jimmy

Vanessa Engquist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Dec 3 15:09:28 PST 2015

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to give you an update on my old man. After several of you suggested that he could have cushings I took him in to get tested, just in case it was missed. The results came in and it wasn't cushings, so my vet took my old guy home with him for the night. He wanted to see first hand how he was acting. Turns out my old guy is 100% deaf, mostly blind from his cataracts, which I knew, and the vet says he has doggy dementia. Basically his mind forgets that he ate, so he thinks he's hungry again.
I fashioned a super bright flash light that he wears around his neck at night so he can see better, and when I want his attention I stomp my foot on the floor so he feels the vibration, so I dont spook him. As far as feeding goes, I've had to hound proof my house so Sir Jimmy doesn't get into trouble trying to find food.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Vanessa & Jimmy