[Dailydrool] Advice please - ear infection?

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Dec 13 04:14:05 PST 2015

Over the last few days Morse has developed crusting inside his ear which
seems to be quite itchy.  I am assuming he has scratched his ears a little
too hard and they have crusted on the inside (right up by the ear, not on
the ear lengths).   I am not sure if it is infected or just irritated, and
we can take him to the vets, but that stresses him and there is no way I
want him to start antibiotics.  Have other droolers had this with their
bassets?  It started with a little spot of crusting but it is increasing
little by little and the fur is going is a little less now, both obviously
could be due to scratching.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated, thanks
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB
pummorse at gmail.com