[Dailydrool] Dear Lulu

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 1 01:02:11 PDT 2015

Dear Lulu,
  this is Mila, navy houseguest out here in Hawaii. thank you for your words. I am most unhappy. i did not even eat my dinner tonight. when I came to camp out at PBF headquarters a year and a half ago, there were two handsome hounds here--Commander Bo, who was a bit loopy in all honesty, and handsome Harley, with whom I fell in love. It was bad enough that I had to leave my navy mom and my little kid behind while the navy mom went out sailing and my kid stayed with his grandmom,but moving in with two handsome boy bassets who liked me a lot and friendly new people with a fenced yard and good food kind of made up the difference. Now my beloved boy bassets have both decamped to the Rainbow Bridge. The nerve of those two!  My navy mom and my kid are coming to visit me in August and stay with Bill and Val, which will be great, I think, though I still don't know if I'll be moving back to Oahu with them eventually or staying here. i really do like Bill and Val--I used to be scared of men, but now I'm Miss Friendly--so I'm conflicted. but I am hoping that life will take a big turn for the better at the end of July or beginning of August when a new little girl hound will be arriving here from California. her name is Mariah; she's just a little younger than I am I think--nobody knows her real age--and I hope she'll be my new best friend to play with and she'll get to meet my real navy mom and kid too. (And maybe, just maybe, if I get to stay here, we'll be the new Hawaiian dynamic duo). So I don't know what the future will bring. but rest assured that you'll still hear from this household, hopefully from both me and Mariah in the future. Val really appreciates all the wonderful, kind notes people have been writing, and if we are lucky, maybe she will stop crying sometime in the next month. she's looking kind of red and puffy. Mila (and Val vlbzwick at yahoo.com)