[Dailydrool] Love, marriage and foxtails

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 1 08:22:13 PDT 2015

There has been too much sadness on the Drool. We join our sad ahroos to others for the passing of Llewis, Genner and Harley. So sad to say our goodbyes.
On Saturday, my son, my eldest child, got married to his girlfriend of ten years, the mother of their two year old daughter.They had picked a lovely place, in Suffolk, about an hour's drive from home.
Rolph, of course, can't be neglected due to a small thing like a wedding.
Just as we were leaving the house, he started violent head-shaking and screaming. I had to get an emergency vet appointment and ask the pet sitter to come early and take him.
The vet, who is on first-name terms with Rolph, called me on my mobile, to say he thought he might have a polyps in his ear. Ever tried to use your phone as a sat nav while talking to a medic? Anyway, I gave the go-ahead to sedation and investigation.
As I left the church, I received a text. He had a foxtail in one ear canal and two in the other.
As always with Rolph, timing is everything.
Sally with Rolph and Clara, UK