[Dailydrool] 2016 Daily Drool Calendar with CORRECT dates

Pam Farris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 8 05:29:42 PDT 2015

 It is almost time for the 2016 Daily Drool Calendar Sign ups!

The Daily Drool calendar is a longstanding tradition among those of us who were involved in the original email listserve. We were in danger of losing the calendar so Basset Rescue of Florida volunteered to step in to preserve it. It is very important that our sales increase so that it will be financially feasible to continue on with the calendar as it is a very labor intensive project and very little is made on each calendar after expenses. We will be using the same graphic artist as last year so we expect the same wonderful quality. Forgive this long list of instructions but I wanted to cover everything in as much detail as possible. Future postings will not be this lengthy! Please print this out for future reference. When can you purchase dates?
 Round 1 of the date signups will begin at 1pm Eastern time on Saturday, July 11 and run through 1pm Eastern time on Saturday, July 18. We ask that you kindly honor our request to sign up for one date only during this first round.
 Round 2 of the date signups will begin at 1:01pm Eastern time on Saturday, July 18 and will run through 1pm Eastern time on Saturday, July 25. We ask that you kindly honor our request to sign up for only one additional date during this second round.
 We know Droolers will honor the spirit of the calendar and not try to purchase more dates then specified above.
 Round 3, also known as the “free-for-all” will begin at 1:10pm Eastern time on Saturday, July 25 and you can sign up for as many additional dates that you wish if there are any left!
 The cost of this year’s date plus one calendar is just a few cents more than last year. We are collecting for both the date plus the required calendar purchase at the time of date sign up so if you ultimately sign up for two dates, you will also be getting two calendars. How to buy
 This year we are using a Store with a shopping cart system to sell the dates. Each day of the year is listed in the Store and it has an inventory of (1). When someone signs up for that date (purchases it), the inventory will be (0) and you will then know it is not available. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: EVEN IF YOU PUT A DATE INTO YOUR SHOPPING CART, IT IS NOT YOURS UNTIL YOU PAY FOR IT – SO HAVE YOUR PAYMENT INFO HANDY SO THAT YOUR DATE DOESN’T GET SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE! You will pay at the time of checkout. I’m sorry that we do not have an option to mail your payment this year. I would suggest you have someone in your family or a close friend put it on their credit card and then you can pay them directly. If all else fails, contact me prior to the sale and we’ll work something out.
 There is also a category of Extra Calendars (without date purchase) at a cost of $29.95 and a category of Plastic Calendar Stand available at $15.00. Those can be purchased at any time up until the close date for the calendar sales (September 20)
 All prices include shipping to the US. I will bill the people shipping outside of the US at the time of shipment.
 Please use the notes section of your Paypal payment to include any information you would like to convey to me.  All about how to get the cover or a monthly divider page
 On Sunday, July 26 at 1:00pm Eastern time, we will begin an auction for the rights to the cover of the calendar as well as each of the 12 monthly divider pages. We hope this will be a highly competitive auction and would be a great way to honor someone who is special in your life. Groups of friends may want to get together and pool their money so they have a better chance of winning the cover or the monthly divider page. This auction will end on Sunday, August 2 at 1:00pm Eastern time. What are my deadlines and how do I get my information to you?
 Submissions for the calendar date pages. Please email to dailydrool at bassetrescueflorida.com In the subject line, please list only the SKU number of the date you won. If you have won more than one date, please send me a separate email for each date.
 For the winners of the calendar date pages, your absolute deadline for submitting your high quality, high resolution picture and the saying you want to be printed under it is Saturday, August 23rd. We also ask that you list:
 Your hound’s name (s) with a star (*) if they are a rescue and (ATB) if they are at the bridge
 The name(s) of the person(s) who love them
 The city and state/province (and country if outside of US or Canada)

Rules
 The rules about what is allowed on the date pages is simple:
 No humans in the picture
 Non-bassets can be in the picture but only with a basset
 For the cover and the monthly divider pages, the absolute deadline is Saturday, August 30th
 People can be included in these monthly divider pictures. We encourage you to use these monthly divider pages to honor special basset rescue people.
 Bassets only on the cover!!
 Please take special care to have high quality high resolution pictures (thumbprint pictures will not work at all). Start taking those pictures now and do your hound proud!

If you would like to pay for a date for someone who can’t participate, please email me at daily drool at bassetrescueflorida.com . Similarly, if you know of someone who would love a calendar but who can’t afford it, you can purchase it and put in the remarks that you wish to be an angel. Please send the names, email and mailing addresses for those people you know might not be able to participate. I will do my best to match up angels to needs. Who Benefits:
 For the first 600 calendars sold, $1.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
For the 601st calendar to the 700th calendar sold, $2.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
For any calendars from the 701th calendar upwards, $3.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
 $5.00 from the sale of each calendar stand will be put into the senior “pot”. The senior “pot” will then be divided as follows: ¼ to Senior Houndsabound, Inc. located in Florida. ¼ to House of Puddles located in Maryland, ¼ to BAGS (Beautiful Aging Gracefully Seniors) Basset Rescue located in Ohio and the last ¼ will be held and distributed 1/12th each month to the rescue that Debbie’s Dawgs honors with their $5.00 Friday. This money will be paid directly to the rescue and can only be paid if they are a 501(c)(3) non-profit. If any of the rescues mentioned above fails to maintain their 501(c)(3) status, their portion will be divided between the other beneficiaries.
 The remaining net proceeds will remain with Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc. to support their mission and hounds. When will I get my calendar(s)?

We will be enforcing the above deadlines because we are committing to each of you that we will have the calendar in the mail to you no later than November 1st so that you can be assured you will have it in time to give as a holiday gift. This makes a perfect gift for your pet sitter, veterinarian, your favorite vet tech, your neighbors and anyone else who loves basset hounds. I know I will be giving quite a few this year and encourage you to do so as well. Where will you be making postings about the calendar?
 We will be posting reminders and deadlines periodically at the following places:
 The Daily Drool email listserve
 Facebook page of Dailydrool.com – the Facebook addition!
 Facebook page of Basset Rescue of Florida
 I encourage you to share this information far and wide and let’s get a big senior “pot” going! The link to the shopping cart where you can purchase the calendar dates will be posted on the above places on Friday, July 10 and daily afterward until it is sold out or closes, whichever happens first. The store WILL BE CLOSED until the date and time specified above – no early shoppers allowed  If you have any questions, please contact dailydrool at bassetrescueflorida.com Please be patient as I work a day job and care for bassets in need so it may be late in the evening before I can answer emails. Thanks in advance for your support and let’s keep this wonderful tradition alive!Pam Farris  Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.  www.BassetRescueFlorida.com