[Dailydrool] Babysitting Gracie

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 8 11:30:19 PDT 2015

Hi all, Snoopy here, Whew, I'm simply exhausted.  I've been sticking close to Gracie.  As you may know, she accidently hurt herself on the 4th.  She jumped up on the counter and stole a whole bag of ears of corn.   Then she ran for it.  Then she started screaming.  Ok, ok, so I might possibly have accidently tackled her in my excitement over the corn but she still put everything into play and so I insist, she hurt HERSELF. All that notwithstanding I have been overcome with concern over little Gracie and haven't let her out of my sight since the accident.  She wouldn't jump up on anything so if she lay down on the floor I lay down on the floor too.  If I could get momPerson to boost her up on the couch then I jump right up next to her .... snooter to snooter... and keep her company.  If it is the middle of the night and Gracie wants to come to bed I rush over there and snooter momPerson awake and have her get up and boost up poor little Gracie and make sure Gracie gets a spot on the bed to her liking and then I cuddle her.  LuLu says I am over the top.  I am simply looking out for little Gracie who obviously can't look out for herself. Today momPerson is working from home.  She is in the office.  LuLu got up on the couch behind the desk.  Gracie took one look, and then she took one leap and landed right beside LuLu.  Now the two of them are butt to butt on the couch and poor old Snoopy is relegated to the dog bed.  Harumph.  I guess this is the thanks I get. More later from Snoopy who thinks his little sister is on the mend