[Dailydrool] Abe's Anal Glands

Marilyn Burns via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 8 08:39:10 PDT 2015

Melissa -- In my humble opinion - you are being HOSED! RUN - don't walk to another vet!

Throughout 22+ years - 4 basset hounds that had/have various - sometimes serious issues - we have NEVER experienced anything even close to those costs! This is both in the Cleveland, OH and Metro-Atlanta, GA areas.

A couple of recent examples...
In 2013, we were charged $1200 for the removal of 4 tumors - one which was the size of your fist - AND dental for Amanda Lynn. This included all of the pre-op and post-op treatment.
In 2007 she had MAJOR bladder surgery - which cost us $1025 and included micro-chipping her as well.
In January of this year, Thelma Lou had dental surgery in which we were charged $212 for the pre-op exam and blood work - she is a senior hound - and an additional
$249 for the dental procedure itself. This included expressing her anal glands while she was "under".

In addition, our vet is committed to treating the symptoms - and not ordering every test and procedure known to mankind to increase his bottom line!

I would strongly suggest contacting several rescue organizations in your area for a reference. They deal with veterinary practices on a regular basis and might be able help.

Marilyn - loving Mom of Thelma Lou and Bridgemates Samantha Sue, Amanda Lynn and Bob Burns