[Dailydrool] This & that

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 11 05:28:34 PDT 2015

Toby & the Houndettes LOVE corn on the cob. We bring them in one by one and
hold the cob so they can get it off. It's actually pretty entertaining
watching them eat it like a person would. We have heard horror stories of
what can happen when dogs are allowed to get to cobs and are fanatical
about getting them out to the garbage can when we're done because we know
the trash would be raided if we threw them away inside. Since this is a
family list, I can't print what I think of the people who let their dog
suffer like that. I just hope there is a special hell for them. Nuff said.

Toby got neutered last week and has been kind of dazed and confused since
then. He is such a good boy and has left the incision alone for the most
part but will look back there like what happened? I would have liked to
wait till he was two but he's a teenager with raging hormones and the
Houndettes are ready to bite his face off so....it had to be done.

Summer has come to NC full blast and the Houndettes have gotten so they
hate the heat. Suzy especially. My three girls are eight and nine years old
now. Suzy pants like she's run a marathon and just can't be out in it for
any length of time at all. No one here is overweight so it isn't that. We
aren't even walking the girls at this point. They get one block and act
like they're going to collapse! Ginger especially! That girl can flat
basset with the best of them and there is no moving her then. Nope, they
are all looking forward to fall I'm afraid.

Our calendar day is tomorrow, the 12th! I was so happy to see that Pam is
taking over the huge job of the DD calendar for next year. It's something
that we look forward to every year!

Toby & the Houndettes are sending get well and heart healing drool to all
in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger