[Dailydrool] Update on the three B's

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 11 04:32:18 PDT 2015

Jennifer here. Bugsey had his annual exam and ear check on Monday. His ears
are improving, but still infected. So we have to treat three more weeks and
do another check. We elected to keep him on the reglan all the time. He
feels so much better on it and then maybe we won't keep having the bouts of
vomiting. Not sure why, but they always occur on Saturday when the vet is
closed. Then, I have to give him cerenia. I then have a large volume of
bedding to wash. And, dogs to wash. This doesn't even include Bugsey's
suffering! I just can't believe how much his energy has increased on the
reglan. It isn't even that expensive! He is now 5 years old and has never
had his teeth cleaned. We brush daily with c.e.t. toothpaste and then I use
periosupport on everyone's food. Bugsey is not a chewer. Well, his teeth
look the worst and he now gets to have his teeth cleaned by the first of
the year. All in all. I was very happy.

Beauford may get to go to the vet next week. As Bugsey said, he has
somethinggoing on under his chin. He will not let me see like I want to,
but it smells decidedly yeasty. I am using the mala-ket wipes on it from
when Bugsey had the yeast infection in his back feet. I figure if it clears
up, I save myself a vet visit. If it doesn't, well I am out a few wipes.
The lump on his tail kind of bothers me. It is rather hard. It is about as
big around as a penny to a nickel. I really was expecting it to be a
hemotoma, but those aren't hard. I know there was no lump at all last bath,
2.5 weeks ago. That is going to have to be watched. If it has to come off,
there isn't a lot of excess skin on the tail! Beauford may be getting his
teeth cleaned before Bugsey's!

Browyn is doing just fine! No worries there.

We are still slinging lots of drool for all the humans that lost pets
lately, and for all the sick pups.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess