[Dailydrool] A different kind of basset

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 11 13:55:59 PDT 2015

So we are down to one houseguest basset, Mila, and she is so different from the late Commander Bo and the late Harley of Hawaii that we are shocked. First of all, unlike the velcro boys, Mila likes her privacy. In the mornings she suns on the lanai or in my sewing room. If I go into the sewing room to sew, she leaves and settles in a different room to sleep. I don't really see much of her until the evening when she likes to be with the family. She demands nothing. She is a night owl and turns down food offered in the daytime, now that no other dogs are here, and instead polishes off her bowl in the middle of the night when we are asleep. she likes to be up and around from time to time at night patrolling, but never wakes us. She doesn't want to get up on furniture. She is a watchdog. Mila is very friendly and sweet and loves people but is really quite independent. She is SO different from the boys. Anyone else have a basset like this? Val vlbzwick at yahoo.com