[Dailydrool] Yuck

Karen McKenna via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 14 12:53:59 PDT 2015

Hi everyone.
We have a "hunter cat" who has done a great job of taking out mice and moles in our yard. Sadly for them, but hopeful for us that fewer make it into the house this fall.  Sweet Pea seems to think her goal in life is to hunt and I understand it's in her nature.

Amelia had never been interested in what "gift" Sweet Pea leaves us. Until today.  Today she went out at 6:15am and came trotting back to the house with something dead in her mouth. She didn't respond to me yelling at her to drop it. Of course!  But she took it around the corner of the deck and left it there I hope? Or she ate  it?  Needless to say when she came inside she didn't have it with her.

Anyone else's bassets ever do this? I'm totally grossed out but I understand but she's looking at it differently than I am. Any advice? Recommendations? Short of keeping the cat inside 24/7 (which isn't an option) I don't know what to do. Or if I need to do anything.
Thanks in advance!

Karen and Yucky Amelia
tibbotbasset at aol.com
Sent from my iPhone