[Dailydrool] Trash cans

Menzie Chase via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 14 16:13:55 PDT 2015

I could write a novel - at least a novella- about our struggles with
The Kitchen Trash Can over our eyars of owning bassets.  Pw. Annabelle
ATB was our best trash shopper, blindness notwithstanding.  At one
point, my (now ex-) husband built a tall square trash can out of
fiberboard - that stuff is insanely heavy, the thing probably weighed
40 pounds empty.   That thwarted her for a while, but it didn't fit
anywhere when we next moved.

These days, I'm down to just two elderly bassets, but Bozlee is still
an inveterate trash-shopper (that's what I call it, because they're
shopping for discounted groceries, aren't they?).  So, being lazy
myself, I've given up and just keep it under the kitchen sink.  An
8-gallon plastic trash can from Walmart fits under their just fine,
and I put regular 13-gallon trash bags in it.  If you have a family of
four, you'll probably need to empty it every day but isn't that why
you had kids, to do the scut work?  :)

--
Menzie Chase
Don't Shop - ADOPT a pet, save a life.