[Dailydrool] Calling the Officials

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 17 06:20:13 PDT 2015

​Recently I have been reading about an ongoing case of the seizure of
several dogs belonging to one person not a rescue; one of the dogs is a
service dog in decline and now in impound is looking terminal.
The reasons for seizure are iffy at best and this is not the first time I
have read accounts of animal control running out of control and applying
their power where it is neither right nor needed.
I am writing only because I want to suggest that Droolers be ultra cautious
in involving officials when it comes to what we perceive as neglect or
cruelty. Be sure it really is, not just a case of "I THINK that's
terrible." Make sure it is terrible, not just your opinion.
The results of involving sometimes (but not always) over-zealous
officialdom is often permanent. Sometimes it is terminal for the dogs you
are trying to help.

Be sure of your facts: that they are facts and not supposition. It may make
the difference between the pot and the fire.
MomPerson to Conley & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com
​