[Dailydrool] this and that from marlene LONG

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 17 09:04:24 PDT 2015

Breaking news on TV on Wednesday,  Mosquitoes collected for testing in
Lucas County in two of our metro-parks  has turned out to be POSITIVE for  the
West Nile Virus ! I know birds can get this disease, but can dogs and cats
get it ?????????  our mosquitoes are awful this year, they are in  swarms,
usually in a normal year, you see them at dawn and dusk,  not  so this year,
 they literally  chase  and bite you even in the  daytime hours, even when
the sun is out, they  county have sprayed twice,  but it just keeps raining
and the spraying  by the county does no good  !!!!   I make Annie wear a
jacket out when she has to do her business,  it gives her some protection,  but
they still bite her on her ears and  face,  i follow my girls around the
yard waving a towel to deter the  buggers,  but then there is HANNAH  who
wants to chase them and also  lightening bugs,  I have been giving both girls
Benadryl .  Bill and I  do mosquito patrol in the house every night before we
go to bed, there is always  at least one or two  that we find and kill every
night
I was feeling really down on Tuesday, and I did a lot of crying and was
missing my Maggie something awdul, I took Annie for a ride down to river side
cemetery and we sat and I cried and we talked about our Maggie, It was
exactly 7  months to the day  than Maggie left us, then the sky got really dark
and I knew it was going to rain so I said, "well I guess we better  head
for home baby girl"  and with that it started to pour,  but the  sun came out
and I looked across the river and there was a DOUBLE   rainbow,  I cried so
hard because I knew it was a sign from my sweet Maggie  ,  I am 66 and I
have only had the awesome privileged  of seeing two  double Rainbows in my life
time, they are beautiful and it was so vivid with the  dark sky,  i wiped
my tears, hugged Annie , thanked Maggie and then we went  home,  I am not
allowed to cry about Maggie anymore in front of my husband,  he gets really mad
at me

Hugs  Marlene,  Annie ,  baby Hannah and our sweet  Maggie ATB