[Dailydrool] Basset Fun Day at BHCA Nationals

Sherry Moore via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 17 11:57:18 PDT 2015

Make plans for a day of fun and learning with other Basset lovers on Saturday, September 26, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, as part of the BHCA National Specialty Show, at the DoubleTree Hilton in Sacramento.

The BHCA Nationals is a week+ of competition in conformation, field trials, hunt test, agility, obedience, rally, and tracking. If you love Basset Hounds, this is the place to be!

This year, the BHCA Rescue Advisory Committee (Shelly Gordon, Sandi Wittenberg and me), are helping with a new event. We are planning an interactive day for the BHCA membership and local rescue groups that will include:

 « A modified agility course for Bassets and their people to try, similar to the AKC’s “My Dog Can Do That” program.
 « Fun games and contests for Bassets and their people, such as longest ears, lowest to the ground, biggest paw, musical mats, best song, best trick, limbo, hungriest hound, bone relay, etc.
« A raffle, with fun Basset stuff.
« A free pizza lunch.
« Further, we hope to have a BHCA/AKC liaison on site to speak to Basset owners about how to compete in AKC performance events, and we will have BHCA membership information available.
« While we are having fun, the BHCA Member Education Committee will offer a Basset First Aid course, open to all.  Everyone is encouraged to learn how better to care for their Basset Hound in case of emergency, and you will build your own First Aid Kit as you visit the various learning stations.

Save the date and plan to join us!

Sherry
sherrymoore at me.com