[Dailydrool] Moving

kacy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 18 23:45:20 PDT 2015

For the past few months we've been renovating an old cottage on James family's property about an hour north of us, with the intention of moving there this month. It's still a work in progress but is almost livable, at least for us and the hounds. Our plan has been to live there and save money so we could eventually move up the coast. Then, I got an unexpected job offer this month for a job 5 hours north of us, along the coast in the exact area we hoped to eventually move to. So of course I couldn't pass it up, and I accepted the job. I start in 2 weeks and we are now on the hunt for housing up there, while still also trying to complete the renovation on the farmhouse. To say our life I hectic right now is an understatement; but the hounds keep is laughing and realistically everything we're doing is for them. The current plan is for me to go first and stay with friends as I start my new job, while James and the hounds stay back at the farmhouse. Then once housing is secured up the coast, they'll join me - I'm hoping by the end of August but it just depends on how soon we can find and close on a home.

Rupert does not like change, and would really be most content if none of us ever left the house and we all just cuddled on the couch until the end of time. With us being gone so often to work on the farmhouse, and now packing and cleaning like crazy, Rupert has been very needy and uncertain. Cowboy couldn't care less but Rupert is quite stressed. I feel bad for him because it's only going to get worse before it gets better, and there is no way to explain it to him.

Other than that, the hounds are doing fabulous. We've been blessed with a not as hot as usual summer, which has been a great relief to us all. I hate the 95+ degree days and feel it has really aged the hounds quicker over the 4 years we've lived here. With no AC, our house is miserable on those scorching days so I can't wait until we move, because it's cooler where we are headed, and the hounds love it up there as much as we do. They get to run free on beaches, and explore lots of great fern-lined hiking trails through the redwood groves.

Anyway, we hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'm busy packing and cleaning but am still enjoying two weeks off work with the hounds, before I leave them for the new job. :)

Drool on,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert