[Dailydrool] BOSON

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jul 20 17:32:15 PDT 2015

Some of you may remember I lost my Rusty in Jan of this year, and was having an especially hard day today.  Some days are harder than others.  I read Dave's posting about losing Boson in 2002, and I must say my tears were flowing like rain.  He wrote  his and Joycelynn's experience on losing Boson with such heartfelt love that it was like I was there with them experiencing the loss of Rusty all over again.  Rusty was my second Basset, and  he bloated at 8 years of age.   By the time we got him to the Animal Trauma Center in Rossmoyne, PA his stomach had twisted, and the decision was made for me as to what I had to do.  Festuss was my 1st Basset, and he lived to a week past his 14th birthday.  He had a stroke and lost his back end and his vision.  Again, I had to make that decision.  I still feel like I've been cheated out of time with Rusty, and even though its been almost 7 months since his passing, it is as raw today as it was in January.  Thank you Dave for letting those of us who love our furbabies realize that we are not alone when it comes time to make the dreaded decision.  I believe we all experience the same feelings and emotions.  The Drool family is wonderful in lending support, advice, and encouragement when we need it.  I will always remain a Drool member, even after I get my new puppy (a Sheltie) in September.