[Dailydrool] Remembering her

Mr Shannon R Gerdel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jul 26 20:19:28 PDT 2015

We already had Boomer, and were looking for another dog. I did reasearch on
Basset Hounds when we got Boomer, because I knew that he was papered, and
that I wanted to take the best care of him. That's about when I stumbled
accross the Daily Drool. It didn't take me long to realize that the Boo man
was going to be nuetered, as I was certain that I didn't want to add to the
problem of more Bassets in Rescues, and animal shelters.

I found the website for Wyoming Basset Hound Rescue. I saw her photo, and
read her story. And I knewe that she'd be coming to live here with us. I
read through her profile, and read things such as:

1. Has been abused, and neglected
2. High risk for runaway
3. If she had to be returned 1 more time, that the woman running Long Ears
Basset Rescue would just keep her.

I don't remember If I actually cried, but I wept inside for this beautiful
girl that had just been through the worst of what some creep could give
her. It also said that she had at least one litter of puppies. (It didn't
take all that long before I figured that said person, or persons, might
have harmed her puppies.

I remember that someone brought her here to the house. The next bit of news
was just as sad: The house that she was living at (I assume was a foster
home) burned to the ground the day yjay we got her. Fore years, the smell
of smoke would be very upsetting to her.

I had been around abused dogs before. She was the worst case I have ever
seen Face to face. S

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604