[Dailydrool] Bea and Baxter eat cardboard

AWoodrum1 via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 29 20:24:51 PDT 2015

Well, the eaters have been at it again.  I've mentioned many times that I
have to block off the kitchen when I leave the house to keep Sister Bea out
of the trash and off of the kitchen table.  She's the only one of my dogs
that is nimble enough to pull some of the stunts she does - thank doG no one
has ever shown her how to counter cruise and it hasn't occurred to her to
try it.  And I never, ever leave anything out on the counter, just in case.

The doggies each get a large bone at night, kind of like a big Milk Bone,
except these come from Costco.  One of my neighbors is a member and buys
them for me, the bones come in a large cardboard box that holds 100 pieces.
The box is strong and glued and taped shut.  So a few days ago Jack
(neighbor) bought me a new box and brought it by the house and sat it in the
den.  I left it there because my hands were bothering me and I didn't want
to pick it up and put it in the permanently-barricaded-from-dogs utility
room.  Next day I forgot and left it in the den while I left to run some
errands.  Everyone knows where this is going, right?

When I got home, Holly met me at the front door, she was talking to me.
Normally Bea and Baxter meet me at the door, too, but not that afternoon.  I
wondered what was going on, then walked into the den to put away my keys and
purse, and found the remains of the box.  The two pigs, Bea and Baxter, had
ripped at a corner of the box until they had it destroyed and open, then
between them ate about 30 (that's right, THIRTY) of the dog biscuits.  Tiny
little cardboard shreds and lots of crumbs everywhere.  Why do I say Bea and
Baxter did it?  Picture two hounds whose sides were sticking out like cows
and one talking hound who looked normal, plus Holly told me she was not
involved when I got home.  So Holly is the only one who got any dinner that
evening, and she was the only one to get her chew bone treat, too.  The hogs
didn't need any!  We also did not go walking that evening, the piggies were
too full to go safely.  And yes, I moved the remains of the box into the
barricaded utility room.  Grrrrr!! Stupid Mama!

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum1 at gmail.com