[Dailydrool] A Slave's life - today

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 30 12:03:16 PDT 2015

My pinched nerve is acting up so I'm staying home most of the day.  Home
with the 4 hounds.

*Me:*  lie down on the sofa for a nap.  Not going to happen.
*Guinness*: sticks nose in face and gives a good sniff, then lays back down
on the floor

*Me:* (a bit later)  Nuked a box of frozen butternut squash for lunch.
Season nicely and sit down to eat.
*Gallagher*:  whine..  whine..  comes over to me and pulls the sad and
starving dog look.
*Me*:  OK, you win, give him the remaining squash and watch him lick the
bowl clean.  What is with this dog?  Tomatoes and Squash are his
favorites.  He whines more for vegetables than dog treats.
*5 minutes later*
*Hubby*: "One of the dogs peed in the laundry room"
*Me*:  "Oh, no, not again.  Guinness!!!"   I go into laundry room to find
 huge puddle of pee, that is also under a clean basket of laundry.
Thankfully, inside basket and laundry was still clean, although a pair of
boxers hit the floor.  Oops (back in the dirty pile).  Find mop.  spray
with anti oder stuff (supposed to prevent recurrence).  Find Guinness and
give him a talking to.  "Guinness, you are almost 4.  You know that you can
pee outside on the grass.  There is a dog door and a dog ramp"

*Guinness:*  harumphhh.  Lies down with head on paws and goes to sleep.

*me:* looking out the front door waiting for the big brown truck that is
supposed to be delivering Guinness's big boy brains.  19 more days and
he'll be 4.  I hope they come early.  Then I look out on the back porch,
which was clean this morning, to find 5 or 6 piles of mushi poo.
Sigh.......

BTW - The 2 girls napped through all of this.