[Dailydrool] My sad story...

Sandi Scranton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 31 17:15:29 PDT 2015

This is Miss Delilah Belle Basset ob NJ.  Oh, the trials and tribulations I
have had dis week!

I hab always been a lumpy, bumpy gurl.  Had some ob them taken off at the
vetspital and some they just watch.  Over the past two or three months Mama
noticed I had a squishy lump on my rear end, above my hip area.  It was the
same size for awhile but recently it gotted MUCH bigger.  She gibs me some
stuff sprinkled on my kibble my arthuritiz...which is supposed to help
"keep down inflamation" - at least that's what Mama says - but my lump kept
gettin' bigger 'n bigger.  So, we went to the vetspital.  I don't really
like going there except for the outside smells; LOTS of other dogs leeb
p-mail outside,  hehehe.  I hide behind Mama's legs when I go inside.

The vet sticked a needle inside my bump and some yucky stuff camed out and
they sent it off to get it checked out to be sure it wasn't the nasty
C-word.  It was just a YUCKY keratinic cyst...something Bassets like me get
'cuz ob our special oily skin.  They told Mama to come back in a few days
but by Thursday it gotted bigger and BIGGER and I did NOT feel well at
all!  I did not want to eat foodies or treats or anyfing!  I didn't even
want to go outside because I feeled SO sick.  So, Mama took me back to the
vetspital and I had a fever of *105 degrees! T*hat was why I felt so sick.

So, they drained some more yucky stuff from my lump and gibbed me some
medicine and told Mama to just let me rest for a few days while the
medicine worked to kill the yucky germs.  Last night I gotted up and went
into the kitchen to lie on the cool tile floor and all of a sudden my lump
EXPLODED!  My human sister found a HUGE puddle ob the yucky stuff next to
me on da floor when her got up to go potty and called Mama.  Oh, da STUFF
what came out of dat lump!  It was SO stinky!  Mama and her cleaned up the
floor and me and Mama putted a pair ob her old, cottten unnerpants and
pinned it so all the yucky stuff wouldn't get all over ebberyfing.  How
embarrassin' to wear people unnerpants...sheesh!

Anyway, dey been putting warm cloths on my lump and helpin' the yucky stuff
to come out and then washing me up wif warm water.  My lump is much, much
smaller...but still leaking a bit.

Tonight I felt better enuf to eat some grilled chickie dat Mama gibbed to
me.  I did not eat anyfing else today but, oh...dat chickie smelled really
good!  She told me I was a good gurl for eatin' da chickie.  It's cuz I
feelin' MUCH, much better.

The doctor at the vetspital is going to take off my lump next Tuesday so it
won't get infected again.  They tell me I am a very pretty, good gurl
there...so I like them - eben if it does smell funny.

Mama told her FB friends dis story and lots ob you on there were putting
paws together and sendin' drool to us.  We say FANKS a lot!  Drool and
prayers work!

Lub and snooters...
Delilah Belle ob NJ
NJMedic702 at gmail.com