[Dailydrool] Annals and bassets

melissa gibson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jul 13 12:54:37 PDT 2015

     On Sunday, July 12, 2015 6:28 PM, Dale via Dailydrool <dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org> wrote:

http://www.dailydrool.com

Vote for Basset of the Week:  http://www.dailydrool.com/botw.html

Dictionary of Common Drool Terminology:
http://mysite.verizon.net/msrandolph/

Daily Drool Archives:
http://lists.dailydrool.org/pipermail/dailydrool-dailydrool.org/

Old Daily Drool Archives:
http://oldarchives.dailydrool.org/dailydrool/
Hello all its the ever clueless momPerson here

I have some experience here.  Snoopy is a huge dog. I've 70 lbs and not fat a all he is huge.  When I pulled hm from the pound he pooped bunny rabbit pellets.  Seriously that was it and he worked hard just to do that.  Debbie Winchester and Wendy Prince had me start hm on canned pumpkin. A very large spoonful. Twice a day. He loved it. And in a month or two he was fine

Since then I have had a few bassets come and go as fosters and a few more fosters fail and set up housekeeping and everybody is on pumpkin and does fine.  I did hear one of my fosters developed problems with his annals in his forever home and what do you know they had taken him off of pumpkin. Put him back on and guess what?  He was fine

So please give Abe some canned pumpkin.  A couple raw baby carrots. And a cored apple.  And I bet his annals will be fine.

Separately I agree with everyone else. Trust your gut. If you don't trust this vet then find one tha you do trust. Before you have a real emergency. Sounds like this new one could be a real winner.

Best
Dale
Aka the clueless momPerson who doesn't mind sharing her experience but hopes you remember that her advice is worth what you paid for it.

Sent from my iPad