[Dailydrool] Basset proof trash can recommendation needed

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 14 09:38:00 PDT 2015

Dear Ms Jan Person, Snoopy here, You are very very very silly there is no such thing as basset proof anything, we can get into anything however ...... here at our house after years and years of closed bathroom doors we can FINALLY leave the doors open because ...... Our clueless momPerson bought small rectangular trash cans with lids which have a little push thing you step on to open them and they keep Gracie out.  Mostly.  Not me, I am not an idiot you don't have to step on the little foot thing (which I can do and have done the problem is that with these short little legs if I step on the button I can't reach my snooter into the trashcan at the SAME TIME) you can simply use your snooter to push on the edge of the lid and open the can up that way which I do sometimes but not often because ..... Our clueless momPerson WEDGES those trashcans in between the toilet and the sink and you can't get your snooter in there good to open up the lid and stick your snooter inside, Gracie can't do it at all and I have to be majorly motivated (like food in the trash can, so nobody puts food in the trashcans in the bathrooms). My grandma person (may her memory be for blessing) told the clueless momPerson you can always use a bungy to keep the lid down, she didn't think we could undo a bungy .... grandma never had bassets. More later from Snoopy who can be discouraged from getting into the trash, but not prevented.