[Dailydrool] those crusty ears

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 4 14:00:19 PDT 2015

My dear Pw. Miss Pauline, who loved to dress up and wear hats
and snoods and costumes, was a very drooly girlie and her ears
were always embarrassingly wet and crusty and just plain dirty.
She had the most wonderful long silky ears and won the longest
ears contest at the BHRG Bash numerous times so it was really
disappointing that they were so icky most of the time.

Pauline loved attention, though, and she loved her  ear bucket,
which was really a plastic mixing bowl with a handle. I would fill it
with warm water and shampoo suds and get a soft towel and we
would sit on the couch or in a chair and soak those dirty ears for
a bit while I rubbed them and she would sigh like it was the best
thing ever.  A wash cloth would usually clean them right up after
that and then she loved the towel drying, too. Of course, you
do not want to put a snood on damp ears so she’d head right
out the doggie door and drag those fabulous ears through the
dirt and then come in and settle in for a nap.

How I miss that girl, who left us 5 years ago on the 18th of this
month.  Those dirty ears were her only fault . . .

Donna, drool fueler for Bosley and Sunny