[Dailydrool] Long, dirty ears

terry medlin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 4 15:28:31 PDT 2015

This ear conversation brings back fond memories of my ATB Buster. He had long ears and the way the red carried up the head made them look even longer. They were always into something and I had a washing regiment for those ears. The pan of water and the soapy cloth were a regular part of my days. He dragged them through everything and drooled all over them. Bassets are funny dogs and I loved him to pieces. I even bought 3 1/2 years more for us together by having neck surgery when he went down and I helped him gain back his ability to walk. I would do it all over again. My Buddy dog, a hound mix and only 32 pounds is a hoot too though not as much work except he hunts the back yard constantly and is like a vacuum cleaner and will eat anything that doesn’t outrun him. I can finally read about Bassets and not be sad. I have beautiful pictures and short video of Buster. Cheryl Medlin