[Dailydrool] Sweet cooperative Millie

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 13 19:02:22 PDT 2015

Well, Millie proved again how stubborn bassets can be.  We went out to
dinner Friday and left Millie in David's care.  All he had to do is walk  her
at 4:30 in the afternoon.  I called home at 9:00 as we were getting  ready to
head home and asked if she peed on the walk.  Well, David said  that she
went about half a block, sat down, refused to go further and started to  howl.
 As he did not want to be accused of animal abuse, he turned around  to go
home and she stopped howling, got up and trotted of home with him.  I  told
him just let her out in the yard, and he said she refused to go.  When  I
got home, she ran to me, went out and peed.  I need to get her used to  going
out with him and Kathy just in case.  That has never happened with  the
other hounds.  Just another basset challenge to overcome.

Douglas and  Millie with
Pw.'s Charlie & Bennett Both ATB
ddropp at aol.com