[Dailydrool] New Buppy!

Mary Lee via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 13 20:41:11 PDT 2015

Hello, all!

We brought home our buppy last Sunday evening.  His name is Buck (short for Bucket O' Love.)

We are convinced that choosing a puppy was the right decision for us at this time.  Truthfully, this is probably the last puppy we will get - they are a LOT of work.  On the other hand, a puppy is so much fun.

He is already getting acclimated to the crate - he settles in about 5 minutes and sleeps 5 - 6 hours without whining.  This morning, he whined to potty.  The DH took him out, and he did his business.  Then he went right back in the crate and slept for another hour and a half.

Both cats spent the first 36 hours in the basement.  The older one has only come up for short visits and has stayed on his side of the gates.  The younger one started out staring from behind the gates.  She has gradually spent more time in a room with Buck, watching from the top of the fridge or the back of the sofa.  Basically, she's taunting the poor baby. . .we're pretty sure they'll be chasing each other around within a couple weeks.

We're exhausted, but we're having a blast!

Mary Lee