[Dailydrool] Conley...and aggressive dogs in general

Sandi Scranton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 14 16:40:57 PDT 2015

Bev,
I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and Mr. Biskit to
endure.  Doc is still a young, playful dog and it must be awful to watch
Conley go after him as you've described and live day to day with one or the
other being crated keep them safe from harm.  Have you tried reaching out
to Auntie Sandy Gaston for homeopathic remedies?  I seem to remember that
someone else here on the Drool was dealing with this and got good results
with what she suggested.

Although neutered, our Dudley had issues with our senior guy, Dozer for
awhile - plus he was extremely food aggressive and territorial.  We solved
the food problem by feeding him in his crate, away from the other hounds,
so he knew he was safe.  We attributed this behavior to living on the
streets and foraging for food for an unknown period of time.

He also became very possessive of whatever person he was near if any of the
other hounds came close.  When he did this I would get up and remove myself
from his area so he no longer had anyone to guard and it lessened the
problem. I did get bitten a time or two, however, as in his lunging after
whoever he perceived as an interloper I got nailed in the process.  We
rarely, if ever, had any unprovoked episodes like you describe though.
Whatever the cause, it needs to be addressed so you can alleviate all the
stress this must be causing you.  Perhaps calming remedies can help.  I
think you mentioned that you had issues with meds for this purpose but I
could be mis-remembering.

Anyway, good luck on resolving this.  Do you think Conley is going to miss
his nebberminds?

Snooters and drool,
Sandi, Mamaslave to Miss Deliah Belle from NJ
NJMedic702 at gmail.com