[Dailydrool] Cysts removal

Kimlynne Lee via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 18 15:49:58 PDT 2015

Dear Deb,

My Odell is 12 years old and just had his umpteenth cyst removed last month. His cysts thankfully were not cancerous but we removed them to prevent infections. Odell has Cushings Syndrome and suffers from a depressed immune system. In addition to the risks of becoming infected the cyst can swell and block blood flow and depending on where the cyst lie, it can be uncomfortable for the basset. We always have Odell 's teeth cleaned while he's under. Thankfully our insurance covers much of the cost.

I have my vet monitor the size and composition of all the cysts and record the data on his chart. I recommend this for all your loved ones.

Hope this is useful information.

Good luck.
Kim
Odell's and Hastings' mom