[Dailydrool] Tomato hounds

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jun 2 13:37:07 PDT 2015

I don’t believe my boy actually LIKES tomatoes. Rather, he likes needling me, and he knows taking tomatoes out of the garden is something that is going to annoy me.

He generally takes them when they’re handball size and green, then proceeds to run around the yard, sometimes dropping it in front of me, but then immediately scooping it up again in his mouth for another run around the yard.

This lasts until he’s either 1) destroyed the tomato; 2) eaten the green tomato; or 3) I’ve managed to get it away from him.

This year I’ve put up foot-tall border fencing around the raised beds. He could easily take the border fencing out if he wanted to, but so far he’s left it in place. (Of course, there's nothing yet to harvest, either.)