[Dailydrool] realization

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 14 20:05:52 PDT 2015

hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,
It's been busy at my house this weekend.  Well, every weekend.  I bathed my bassets.  All 3 of them.  2 went down and had their nails trimmed.  I washed all 6 ears.  Applied topical flea and tic preventative.  Walked them.  Played with them.  Cuddled them.  Slept with them.  Prepared meals for them containing pumpkin, green beans, yogurt, high quality, high protien (> 25%) no grain food, supplement, arthitus meds (for 2 of them).  Made sure they had lots of fresh water.  And their eye drops.  Watched as they ate more rasberries than i got.  Cleaned and watered their yard.  Shampooed the rugs and power scrubbed the floors (not that they've done anything wrong, it's just that there is a dog door and 3 of them).  I managed to sneak in a 13 mile training run as I have an event next week but suddenly I realized .......
These hounds have become as big a time and money pit now as the grateful dead were in the 1980s I SWEAR they eat up every bit as much time and money and leave me feeling just exhausted like I don't even have a minute for myself.  On the other hand I'd be lost without the beasts AND the feeling of community ..... it's just so ...... am I the only one??   I couldn't be right .........
More later from Dale, the ever clueless momPerson who just realized this .....