[Dailydrool] Today's calendar picture

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 03:53:37 PDT 2015

Some of you may remember this picture from a previous year - it’s one
of my favorites and since the deadline for calendar pictures was looming
and I wasn’t that mobile at the time for picture taking, I decided to use
it again.  I was hoping Gracie would still be here for our calendar day
but she left us last month after turning 13 in December. We lost Pauline
just before her 13th birthday in 2010 and Elmo just 3 days after his
14th birthday in 2011.  Bosley is still with us and just turned 12.  And
we have Sunny, who is 5 and acts like she’s 2 a lot of the time.

I don’t know where the time went - today is Bill and my anniversary,
which is why I requested this date.  We’ve had basset hounds for
almost 29 of our 31 years together, usually 4 at one time.  It’s strange
to just have 2 hounds again, which is where we started, but it’s what I
need right now until I am walking better. Of course, if we didn’t have these
hounds, I probably wouldn’t have gone through this ordeal with my leg
and ankle but we would have missed out on so much.  Our bassets have
each been so different in their personalities and yet so alike.  We’re
pretty well trained and don’t quite know what to do now that we don’t
have to give eye drops or pain meds at 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. Life with
8 paws is easier but not as full as it is with 12 paws or 16 paws -
we will have to see where life leads us . . .

Donna, drool fueler for Bosley and Sunny and missing our hounds
ATB:  Chuck, Bob, Dudley, Pauline, Elmo and Gracie