[Dailydrool] Purr, moan, exhale, SIIGGGHHHH!!!!!

Mr Shannon R Gerdel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 12:23:31 PDT 2015

I have really enjoyed reading all of the stories about Basset noises.
Fletcher is by far the sound hound. If he stretches, he moans. If he moves,
to get more comfortable, he moans. I see that he and Boomer are not alone
in the purr/moan "Oh I LOVE that!! Keep rubbing me ears, please!!" category.

It's so funny with Fletch because it seems like he's doing it all day long.
He reminded me to finish this email minutes ago when he moaned to change
positions.

And then theres the sigh. I don't mean your every day, basic, generic sigh.
I mean the "How come I can't go own and bark?!?!" sigh that happens after
he goes to lay down somewhere. It's such a rough life, and almost an
imposition sometimes to be a Fletcher SIIGGGHHHH!!!! ROFLOL!! Fletchers so
funny.

The best moaning/purring/ half hearted growling dog that I ever had was the
red Doberman that I got in 3rd grade. Flame was his name. Flame never,
barked, he never growled, I don't think that he knew he was a Doberman, let
alone a dog. If you rubbed his ears, it sounded like a growl, and it was
loud enough that others could here it.

My step dad got great pleasure having people over, and telling them to rub
Flames ears. He'd do that growl, and people would jump thinking that Flame
was growling and going to bite them.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew!
​Wots of Drool and love to those that need it!​

Yours in Dwool,

​Fletcher
Boomer ATB
B​abe ATB
"awful awnry" Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604-4316