[Dailydrool] Naming the hounds

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 13:57:42 PDT 2015

I have named all of my hounds. Hard to explain how I come up with them. It is just something that pops into my head and it just seems to fit their personality.  Colt ATB and Ruger where brothers from the same litter and they were little pistols, Colt and Ruger are my favorite brands of firearms. Colt was the naughty one, easy going, very loving pup, Colt just seemed to fit him for some reason. Ruger reminded me of a German Aristocrat the way he sat, looked at you and acted...Ruger just seemed to fit his personality too. Xander has been the only exception to the rule. I had a list of names that I liked. I wanted to name him Rudolph Valentino. Because he was a lover, he had a heart shaped white blaze on his head and 2 red heart shaped spots one on his back and one on his butt. Plus he has a pink nose. But he would not answer to that name...either one of them when called. So I went down a list of my favorite names that I had picked up over the last few years. Calling out to him with one and then another for 3 days...totally being ignored. finally he was sitting on the other side of the fenced in dog yard and I said "Xander" his ears perked up and he cocked his head. I said "come here Xander" and he ran to me. So he picked his own name.
Michele momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
Sent from my iPawPad