[Dailydrool] Allergy meds

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 13:39:36 PDT 2015

Colt ATB and Ruger had bad allergies when we lived in Florida. They were allergic to something in the yard in the spring and summer. I always try to go with the least aggressive medication possible to treat myself or the hounds.  There bellies would get fired red, & welt up. I would wipe their bellies, chest and paws off with a cool wet towel every time they came back into the house to get the allergen off of them. Ruger had such a bad time with it that I put a t-shirt on him plus wiping him down.  We also used over the counter Zyrtec twice a day. This worked most of the time but the last 2-3 years that we were in Florida, Ruger was so allergic to whatever was in the yard that we had to pull out the big gun and the vet put him on Atopica. I continued to use the t-shirt on Ruger and both dogs got wiped down every time they came back in from being outside. Luckily Colts allergies were well controlled with the Zyrtec and wipe downs.
Hope that helps
Michele, momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPawPad