[Dailydrool] What's in a Name?

Wendie Prince via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 15:07:20 PDT 2015

	About names,  I have a list that I add to, of hound names.  All are
normal people names, and unless a hound comes in with a name that it has had
all its life,  I will pull from one of those usually.  But sometimes all it
takes is a look in their eyes to know their names.  Our very first Basset
was being called Lucy by my neighbor who had taken her in.  After being
convinced to come meet her, I looked at her and could see her name was not
Lucy, it was Bess.    Most of their names come to me quickly and probably is
seated in my personal preferences for biblical names.
Our newest Bounder is Sara.  Sara has a lot of medical issues, with a huge
yeast infection in her skin and serious obesity, Sara is also a mix of
possible Basset/St Bernard.   I named her Sara cause she is beautiful,  I
have never thought any different from the first time I saw her.  And I
wanted her to feel beautiful with her new name, as beautiful as I see her.
I have an idea, she could have some self-confidence issues if she talked to
a therapist!
So, mostly the names come when I look in their eyes,  they just come.
Wen, Sara the new girl(I feel pretty!)  and all the Bounders