[Dailydrool] Dog names

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 20:30:37 PDT 2015

We've tended toward literary names for our dogs. My absolute heart dog, a beautiful German Shepherd, was named Aragorn, son of Arathorn, ruler in Gondor and Arnor, but his everyday name was Strider (Lord of the Rings).  Our lovely Labrador is officially Jean Louse Finch, but Scout to all who know her (To Kill a Mockingbird).  Our most recent acquisition, Dobby, is named for the house elf in the Harry Potter books, to whom he bears a striking resemblance. Bobo the baleful Basset arrived with his name already attached. It suited him so well we didn't change it, although I recently googled "Bobo" and learned it has some rather negative connotations. I won't tell him, though.

Lois Leader, Bobo the Inhaler, Scout his Lab assistant, and Dobby the house elf