[Dailydrool] Basset Names

J Marchlewski via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 13:23:33 PDT 2015

Lady's registered name is Lady Ethel of Squiggy.  At the time, I had a
beagle named Lucy and a lab/malinois named Lenny.

Dexter was previously Flash.  My then-rescue insisted dogs named Flash be
renamed.  I asked my sister to pick out a name for our new foster.  She
choose Dexter because she liked the sound of it.  Perhaps that's because I
just spent the weekend catching up on the series Dexter.  Who knows?  BTW -
I failed fostering with Dexter.

Almost two years ago I rescued a basset named Bessie Mae.  My friend
fostered failed with her just before both of us resigned from a basset
rescue.  The registered name (for therapy dog and agility purposes) is
BessieMaeThanksJanFUME.  The "ThanksJan" part of her name is because I
rescued the basset at a shelter almost three hours from St. Louis. I also
made sure Bessie Mae received the vet recommended eye surgery.  The "FUME"
part - well let's just say getting the surgery approved by that rescue was
not easy.  Whenever I visit my friend, Bessie Mae always runs up to me and
kisses me.  I always make sure I thank Bessie Mae right back.

Jan
Lady, Dexter, Matilda & Gertie

P.S. - I named one of my cats Flash as a tribute to all bassets named Flash