[Dailydrool] A Rose by Any Other

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 25 17:03:44 PDT 2015

WHen I first wrote in about this issue, I was thinking of call names.
Registered names are a whole other party, because breeders like to do
themes so when they look in a catalog at a show, they know instantly what
litter that dog is from.
Some do letters of the alphabet instead-- the A litter, the B litter and so
on.
Most registered names include both the breeder's kennel name and the stud
dog's name: the AKC limits names to (I think) 28 spaces. So if one kennel
is Midnight Acres and the other is Longitudinal, you are going to have
either a short name or shorten the kennel names. It gets really tricky and
my hat is off to those among us who do this and do it well.
Some people are able to relate the registered name and the call name but
other than once I don't think I managed to do it.
All my Bassets are from First Class or Bonsai (my own name) two Belgians
were Midnight Acres and one is Mika/Liswyn. Bassets had a theme: Belgians
had none or letters.

Warf* ATB
First Class Scorpio Walker (Walker-- Zodiac theme) ATB
First Class Ensign M Bonsai (Mitchell-- tree theme)ATB
First Class Zelda Ypsilandra (Zelda--wildflower theme)TB
First Class Tonic With A Twist  (Conley--Aperitif)
Bonsai's Gravity Storm (Llewis) (Jimmy Buffet songs)
Bonsai's Quietly Making Noise  (Nigel) (Jimmy Buffet song) ATB
Midnight Acres Quiller (Belgian) ATB
Midnight Acres High Noon (Cooper)ATB
Mika Keokuk Medicine Man of Liswyn  (Doc--"K" litter)