[Dailydrool] Names

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 07:35:04 PDT 2015

I can't  begin to go back to all of our dogs from 43 years ago so I'll
start with the most recent crowd. Jersey was named that because of the
first picture the DH saw of her. He said she looked like a cow and named
her before we even got our hands on her. We gave Shadow her name because I
was admiring her face which has a light and dark side and said look, she's
sunshine and Shadow and it stuck. Suzy came to us as Dixie and this NY girl
didn't  like that and I named her Suzy Q Basset. Ginger came to us as
Darcy. We also didn't  care for that much and almost named her PITA (you
can guess why!) but we just couldn't  name her something knowing that it
had a curse word in it so she became Ginger. Then there's  Toby. We named
him Toby before he came home to us. I should have named him Bogart though.
He was on my lap one day and his expression made him look just like
Humphrey  Bogart! It was very strange! Of course, all of them have a
variety of nicknames which they all seem to know and don't  get confused
when we use those.

Jane, Toby and the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger