[Dailydrool] Get them to eat

Dale rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 16:38:18 PDT 2015

My Gracie is a rescued puppy mill girl.  Couldn't get her to eat for love nor money.  Tried hamburger.  Tried bacon.  Tried everything. Nothing worked for about a week.

Finally one day in frustration I just dropped her bowl of plain kibble in the middle of my other two hounds.   One of whom is food aggressive.  And she tore into the bowl and gobbled it up.  I had been trying to feed her separately because she was so thin and skiddish and Snoopy is a terror around food but that was the wrong approach

I pulled her from the shelter with another girl who went north on the underground basset railroad.   About a week later I got an email asking if my girl was ok because the other girl wouldn't eat.   I told all of the above and the other foster mom tried feeding her girl in the middle of a group of bassets and that worked for her too

Hopefully your boy just needs time and patience and moral support from your other basset

Good luck
Dale

Sent from my iPhone