[Dailydrool] Tabasco

Carol Yokum via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 16:04:50 PDT 2015

Tabasco was a foster child basset until he was diagnosed, two days after we picked him up, with lymphoma and became a forever foster.   I don't know who named him since he was found wandering the streets but the name seemed to suit him and people always thought it was a neat name.   He was given a prognosis of 2-3 months and we had him almost six months until we had to let him go to the Rainbow Bridge this morning.   Someone on the Drool had said a few days ago that their dog had lymphoma and the vet had said he'll be fine until he isn't.  That statement stayed with me and it was so true.   He was fine Tuesday, not quite so fine yesterday, and ready to leave us this morning.   The cancer got the best of him but not before we were able to love him and have him love us for almost six months.  We are so glad we got to do this.  But it seems so empty around here now without him.

Carol
Racetrcker at aol.com