[Dailydrool] Show Dog Names

Sandi Wittenberg via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 15:05:13 PDT 2015

At Red Bay we name our litters alphabetically.  The first litter was the "A"
litter, the second "B", etc.  Sometimes we had themes ("F" litter born on
Christmas day all had F names related to Christmas like Father Christmas
(call name Nick). )The "P" litter was our "pie litter.  The "K" litter was
the mountain litter.  The N litter was Cherokee names in honor of Pat's
Cherokee heritage.  The Q litter had no theme.  The "R" litter will be
Willie Nelson songs beginning with the letter R.

The kennel name of the owner of the bitch is typically the kennel name in
the front, then comes the actual name of the animal, then sometimes there
will be another kennel name that is usually the kennel name of the sire or
co-owner or some who got a puppy back due to a prior arrangement.

Two examples of mine:

1.       A typical registration  CH     Red Bay   Father Christmas

                                       Title   Kennel    Name

2.       Not so typical

CH      KasKade  Mandatory Evacuation to Red Bay

Title   Kennel    Name                               indicates placement &
ownership in this case.

In this case the added on part is because my friend was facing a major
health crisis and I offered to take 3 of his young litter to raise while he
was hospitalized.  These dogs had a "storm theme" because they were born as
Super Storm Sandy came ashore.

The other girls' name is KasKade Super Storm at Red Bay

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets