[Dailydrool] Not Eating

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 26 14:16:27 PDT 2015

I would start by leaving food in with the dog at night. When it is dark and
quiet, he may eat. Be sure to stick to dog food, otherwise you're going to
have a real struggle later.

I make this suggestion on the assumption that the dog has seen a Vet and
that there are no loose teeth, sore tonsils or other medical problems that
would account for the reluctance to eat.
If you cannot leave food with him at night, then shut the dog in another
room with the food and leave him alone for awhile. Or sit with him without
moving or speaking to him, away from the food. Whatever you do be sure
there are NO distractions, NO other dogs, and NO traffic.

This is just what I would try. And give it a lot of time.

MomPerson to Llewis, Conley & Doc